Resolutions, goals, to-do lists – whatever you want to call them, have fans and foes. Regardless of their label, I love the feeling of a fresh start brought by a new calendar year – new opportunities, ideas and partnerships.
2012 also kicks off KNN’s tenth anniversary, and as always, we have lofty goals for this calendar year. As you consider your organization’s strategy for 2012 and beyond, KNN is here to help. Below are ideas/KNN resources we think will help build a stronger nonprofit community that strengthens our commonwealth and better serves our neighbors:
- Become a KNN member/renew your membership
- Take a look at the Principles & Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Kentucky tools (or another best practices program)
- Consider making the commitment to become a Best Practices Partner
- Invest in continuing education for your board and staff
- Get help when you need it
- Use resources to avoid reinventing the wheel
- Become informed and engaged in public policy issues that impact our sector and our communities
KNN is YOUR state association of nonprofits. We value the work you do and strive to be a valued resource to help you accomplish your mission. Please let us hear from you on how we can do this better in the coming year.
We wish your organization much success in 2012!